Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, stop smoking as early as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient can ABSOLUTELY NOT drive a vehicle, perform any thought provoking task or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, facial and tongue piercings and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have any illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels or anything that may impact upon your scheduled procedure or anesthesia, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Sacks, Dr. Nissenbaum, Dr. Balint or Dr. Kalish prior to your surgical date for instructions.