Meet Dr. Jeffrey C. Sacks
ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg South Africa – BDS, 1980
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Certificate Oral Maxillo Facial Surgery – 1986
- Ohio State Dental School. Master of Science – MS, 1987
- Henry Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Boston University – DMD, 1988
PROFESIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND LICENSURE
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. (Fellow)
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. (Diplomate)
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists. (Fellow)
- Massachusetts Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. (Member)
- Dental Board of Florida. (full licensure)
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES / ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- 1986-1987. Ohio State University Grant for Original Research for treatment of squamous cell carcinoma
- 1987-1988. Lecturer: Gross Anatomy. Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- 1983 -1986. Resident Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston Univerdity Hospital, Boston City Hospital
- 1986 – 1987. Fellow Oral Maxillo Facial Surgery Ohio State University Hospital.
- 1987 – 1988. Associate Professor Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Goldman school of Graduate Dentistry, Boston University.
- 1988 – present. Private Practice, Chestnut Hill and Newton Wellesley Hospital.
- Graff-Radford, S., Gadely, M., Lubowsky, W., Sacks, J., Sher, C. The effects of Tromasin S.A. (Papase) on facial Swelling, DIASTEMA, pg. 31-34, 1979-1980.
- Sacks, J. and Cohen, M., Incidence of dry sockets in a homogenous South African black population, DENTAL ASSOCIATION SOUTH AFRICA, 1983.
- Sacks, J. and Gilmore, W., Percutaneous drainage of a neck abscess, JOMS., December 1986.
- Sacks, J. and Gilmore, W., Managing the dental patient receiving glucocorticoids (steroids), J. of the Academy of General Dentistry, vol. 35:3, 1987.
- Accepted for publication as a scientific abstract at the National Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Meeting:1987. Penetration of Hematoporphyrin derivative through oral mucosa.
- 1987 – Meeting of Great Lakes Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Toronto: “Penetration of Hematoporphyrin derivative through oral mucosa.”
- 1987 – Meeting National Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Anaheim, California: Scientific Abstract: “Penetration of hematoporphyrin derivative through oral mucosa.”
- 1990 – Alpha Omega Fraternity Association Meeting. Dedham, Massachusetts: “Indication and timing for the removal of third molars.”
- 1993 – Yankee Dental Meeting. Boston. Masachussets: “Surgical indications for Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction.”
- Feb 1994- Presentation to Scientific Committee Blue Cross Blue Shield Policy Research and development, MA. “Arthroscopy of theTemporomandibular Joint”
- Jan 1995 -Boston Network Cable T.V. Call in show for “Laser surgery for treatment of snoring.”
- Jan 1995 – Limited to Endodontic sponsored scientific Session. Presentation of “Laser Surgery in Dentistry.”
- March 1996- American Society of Dental Anesthesiologist. National Meeting-New York City. Presentation on “Monitoring for Anesthesia in the office”
- Jan 1996-1998: Member of Mass Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Insurance Committee.
- June 1988: Panel Member: Blue Cross Blue Shield MA. Speciality committee
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. – 1989
- Fellow, American Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons. – 1989
- American Dental Association.
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiology.
- Massachusetts Dental Society.
- Massachusetts Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Metropolitan District Dental Society.
- Alpha Omega Dental Society. Editor – 1990 – 1992.
- Massachusetts Dental Society of Dental Anesthesiology. Treasurer – 1991, 1992.
- Vice Chairman – 1993. Chairman 1994,1995
- Parkway Dental Study Club. Secretary – 1993. Vice Chairman – 1994. Chairman – 1995.
- Massachusetts Society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons Insurance Committee. Member – 1996, 1997.
- Massachusetts Society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons Executive Board member 2006 – Present