Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Our Primary goal at Chestnut Hill Square Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is to offer patients the highest level of clinical care in the safest and most professional manner. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control. Every effort is made to have in place mechanisms to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely and continue to adhere to guidelines set out by our state and professional bodies, and we will keep you updated regularly.
In recognition of the continued pandemic related to COVID 19(Coronavirus) and out of an abundance of caution, there are several guidelines which have been put into place.
- Patient can only be seen by appointment only. At the time of making an appointment the patient will undergo a pre appointment screening for COVID 19. Any symptoms of COVID 19 related to the patient or immediate family member will require an immediate postponement of the appointment for two weeks or as directed by the Oral surgeon and/or Primary Care Physician. These symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New onset loss of smell or taste
- We recommend that patients register online on our website prior to their appointment at www.oralsurgerychestnut hill.com
- Patient should call the office upon arrival at the medical building so we may direct them when to appropriately enter the office.
- NO PATIENT OR ACCOMPANYING PERSON WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE OFFICE WITHOUT A FACE MASK OR PROTECTIVE COVERING AND DUE TO THE CONTINUED NATIONWIDE SHORTAGE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE), WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THIS.
- Our preference is that only the patient presents to the office but if an accompanying person is needed we request the presence of only one person.
- All patient and accompanying persons will be screened and have their temperature taken, any temperature (fever) above (>99F) will result in immediate postponement of the procedure.
- No accompanying person will be allowed to wait in the waiting area.
- Hand sanitation and individual pens will be provided to the patient.
- Patients will be escorted to the surgical suites directly for their procedures. Infection control protocols are followed strictly as set out by American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Center for Disease Control and Prevention and Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Once completed, recovery and postoperative instructions will be provided for in the surgical suites to minimize traffic through the office.
- Patients will be brought to the checkout area to be met by their accompanying person and leave the office.
- We would kindly request that all monetary transaction be completed at the time of checking in preferably though digital means and would be happy to scan and email receipts.
We would like to thank you for your cooperation during these difficult times and especially thank you for your continued support and trust in our practice. More importantly if you should have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any one of our staff or us directly at (617) 731-8888.
Drs, Jeffrey Sacks, Mark Nissenbaum and Andras Balint.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: